Hello and Welcome!
I feel although I was going for that St. Patty’s Day, color me green vibe, I landed somewhere more in the vintage, my mom had this on her sofa back in the day vibe. I mean, I’m not complaining, I think it’s pretty, but not what I was going for!
If you haven’t worked an infinity granny square blanket, you really need to get on it. They are sooo easy. Add some Red Heart With Love into the mix and you’ve got yourself a pretty fab blanket!
What is the Infinity Granny Stitch?
The Infinity Granny Square takes the same concept of a traditional granny square and just keeps going! It consists of a cluster of three double crochets (dc, dc, dc in the same space).
**NOTE** We always start our granny’s with a magic ring, but you can start yours however works for you. Also! We DON’T ch. 1 along our sides and we only ch. 2 in the corners.
MR – Magic Ring
ST – Stitch
DC CL – Double Crochet Cluster
CH – Chain
REP – Repeat
RND – Round
DC – Double Crochet
**All stitches and abbreviations are in U.S. Terms.
Gauge: 4 rounds = 4” (10cm)
Crochet hook size I (5.5 mm) or size needed for gauge.
Double Crochet (DC) – YO, insert your hook, YO pull up a loop, YO and pull through 2 loops, YO and pull through remaining two loops.
Double Crochet CLUSTER (DC CL) – Three (3) DC in the same space.
If you’re not familiar with the Infinity Granny Stitch or you need a refresher we recommend THIS video.
In today’s post I will share everything you need to make the lovey, but if you’re interested in making this bigger you can get the downloadable pdf HERE.
The graphic above is a digital mock up of the finished blanket.
You can find RED HEART WITH LOVE – HERE
- LETTUCE – 2
- *ARAN – 1
- SPINACH – 1
- TAUPE- 1
- ARAN – 1
- TAUPE – 1
- SPINACH – 1
- ARAN – 1
- **LETTUCE – 2
REPEAT FROM * TO ** 1X
= 22 ROUNDS
Want an easy way to keep track of each row? We sure do, so we include row trackers in our PDF’s! You can download that HERE. I don’t know about you, but if I don’t have something to physically check off, I spend more time counting and recounting instead of crocheting!
We have a few tips to help ya out! You can always do what works the best for you, but these are what we find to be tried and true for us!
- Try to weave in those ends as you go. Learn will be a lot!
- Turn! Turning is the easiest way to keep you blanket from getting wonky.
- After finishing one color, turn it towards you so the back side is now facing you, then rotate it counter clockwise. Start with a new color in any sp between clusters. Again, this is awesome sauce for keeping your sides straight!
- Not every blanket needs a border! Don’t be afraid to skip it. If you edges are straight and consistent, there’s really no need!
No border! One of my favorite things about granny’s is how easy it is to finish off with a final round of main blanket and call it a day!
Sometimes it’s easier to shop your stash so we worked out some alternative brands for ya. We’ve matched each one in person so we know first hand they’ll play nice and look lovely! To see the exact amounts of each you will need to purchase and download the pdf. You can do that HERE.
- Stylecraft Special Chunky: Meadow, Cream, Khaki, Mocha
- Lion Brand Heartland: Petrified Forrest, Wolf Trap, Rocky Mountains, Mammoth Cave
- Caron Simply Soft: Pistachio, Soft White, Dark Sage , Taupe
- Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn!: Light Sage, Ivory, Dark Olive, Brown
- Micheal’s Loops & Threads Impeccable: Fern, Aran, Forrest, Barley
That’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Be sure to show us you finished blanket and tag us using #rubygraceinspo.
Love. your. Face. – Ruby Grace